The first couple weeks of January have gone by, and we are officially past the halfway point.
I’ve been thinking about the two goals I set for January, but am having a hard time keeping up with them. Nothing particular is getting in my way except myself and my own lack of willpower. I’m currently listening to The Power Of Habit and I’m learning some interesting things that might help me get back on track.
Enough about what’s not working, and get to the point, Nicki.
I was watching to one of the many YouTube creators I’m subscribed to, and one person had a massive list of goals for last year, and I really enjoyed listening to her list the goals and add a Swedish-accented, “Check!” after each one. And really, I do have more than just two huge goals I want to accomplish. Maybe they won’t all happen this year, but also maybe if I don’t verbalize them, they’ll never happen.
And maybe I’m just generally full of crap. But I’m still going to share the list I made – here we go!
Random List of Things I’d Like to Do Someday so Why Not Now?
- Start a YouTube channel
- Read a book every week
- Take a day off every month just for myself
- Create a daily visual art habit
- Do/Start a 365 Challenge
- Finish my portion of the Jackman T book
- Create a coloring book
- Write 20 books in a year
- Quit my day job
- Get G’pa’s rose tattoed somewhere
- Build a cat-proof Christmas tree
- “KonMari” my things
- Learn enough Yoga so I can practice in my living room
- Do the A-Z Challenge in April
- Publish my 2019 A-Z Challenge in May
- Replace the living room sofa with a comfortable futon
- Create a daily meditation habit
- Go to one party at Sunshine’s house
- Go to Diva’s summer party
I could go into detail on these, but maybe I’ll do that once I accomplish them. And they might not all happen this year, but what if they did? That would be pretty damn amazing.
I think I need to spend some time with this list. Do you have any suggestions for what I should add to it?